Cairo Taxilogue (2008) - Palestinian Artist LARISSA SANSOUR
This project consists of four frame grabs and one movie poster for the imaginary film Cairo Taxilogue.
Based on actual conversations with Cairo taxi drivers, these staged photographs constitute quasi-glitzy re-enactments of taxi rides presented as colourful and kitschy images superimposed over street scenes from the megacity.
The technicolour images and the overacting of the protagonists in the photographs augment the discrepancy between social and political insight and the current state of affairs.
Cairo Taxilogue is shot on location in Cairo with the help of local actors and taps into the currents leading up to recent events in the country. - LS
- danajdid reblogged this from isqineeha
- koukie11 likes this
- koukie11 reblogged this from isqineeha
- gloomylaughter reblogged this from isqineeha
- kantaloba likes this
- whaatnext reblogged this from isqineeha
- intazift reblogged this from isqineeha
- pyotra likes this
- slaikum likes this
- theuncolonizedmind likes this
- hassibah likes this
- isqineeha posted this